Blog Section

Ontario Driver License Exchange Agreement

There are official guidelines for obtaining a Yukon driver`s licence that can provide additional information. No matter where you immigrate to the world, if you have driving experience, the Ontario government has made it easier for you to access your full licence faster than going through the process from the beginning. Be sure to do your research to find out what exchanges or credits you are entitled to and what documents you need to provide to finalize your application. Good luck! If you hold a driver`s licence from another Canadian jurisdiction corresponding to Ontario`s M licence, you can exchange your driver`s licence for a restricted class M Ontario licence. The information below relates to people with driver`s licenses in countries where Ontario does not have a licence exchange agreement. You can take the G1 or G2 road test immediately. If you succeed, you will get the next license in the progressive licensing system. For example, if you pass the G1 test, you will receive a G2 license. If you pass the G2 test, you will receive a G license. The G licence is a full-fledged driver`s licence. If you have a driver`s license from a country with mutual agreement, follow this process as well. You can easily exchange your existing licence for an Ontario licence if your licence from: The Ministry of Transportation abides by a reciprocal exchange agreement for drivers with two years or more of driving experience in the last three years between the following provinces/countries: The Ministry of Transportation Office allows a person with a valid driver`s licence from another province, state or country to use it up to 60 days after your move to Ontario. After this 60-day grace period, all Ontario residents must have an Ontario driver`s licence.

If your country is not mentioned above, you cannot exchange your foreign licence for an Ontario licence. You need a written test on road rules and road signs, do an eye test, then a road test. If you have more than two years of foreign experience, you can take the G2 test and get a full license. If you have less than two years of driving experience, you can take the G1 test and then the G2 road test if you have accumulated two years. How to get a driver`s license in Canada. Choose your destination: you must surrender your existing licence to obtain an Alberta driver`s licence in Canada. To obtain a full Class 5 licence and not a FOURTH grade, you must prove that you have more than two years of driving experience. If your country is not mentioned above, you must pass a full knowledge and road test to obtain your driver`s licence in Canada. The first step is to pass the knowledge test in each ICBC office and correctly answer at least 40 of the 50 questions. Then you have to pass your road test.

If you already have more than two years of experience, you can apply for a full Category 5 licence. If this is not the case, you will need to apply for a Class 7 novice`s license. Read detailed information for out-of-country drivers on the DriveTest website. Licensees from these countries must provide these documents: the authentication letter is proof of experience and must come from the same region in which you obtained your foreign license. The letter must come from the official header and be dated within 6 months of your application by an embassy, consulate or Office of the High Commissioner representing the legal authority of your home region.